A salsa that makes a great addition to burgers, hotdogs, personal pizzas or top off your nachos.
Red & Green Salsa
: 1 cup
- 1 small red bell pepper
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 3 green onions, cut into thin slices
- 2 fresh jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced *
- 2 tablespoons, fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cut bell pepper lengthwise in half, remove and discard seeds and veins
- Cut lengthwise into thin slivers; cut slivers crosswise into halves
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Let stand, covered at room temperature 1 to 2 hours to blend flavors
- * I often leave some jalapeño seeds, to add heat to the mixture