Mexicana Bread Pudding
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Raisins
- 1 cup orange juice
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp orange zest
- ¼ tsp lightly packed 1-inch french bread cubes (6 ounces)
- 21/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Cream, lightly sweetened, whipped cream or ice cream (optional)
- In small saucepan, combine raisins, juice, sugar, cinnamon, zest and nutmeg. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. In a large bowl, toss bread with raisin mixture. Add 2 cups of the cheese and the walnuts; toss. Turn into buttered 11/2-quart baking dish; sprinkle remaining ½ cup cheese on top. Bake in a preheated 375°F oven 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm, topped with cream, if desired.