Serve with corn-on-the-cob, a mixed green salad or over a bed of rice. They are delicious and bring any side to life.
Oriental Shrimp & Steak Kabobs
Great for a party, just make ahead of time, and take out of the refrigerator when it's time to place them on the grill.
- 1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive or vegetable oil
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ lb uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ lb boneless sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups mushroom caps
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into chunks
- Blend Onion soup, soy sauce, lemon juice, oil and honey in a 13x9-inch glass baking dish; set aside.
- On skewers, alternately thread shrimp, steak, tomatoes, mushrooms and green pepper.
- Place prepared skewers in baking dish, turn to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator, turn skewers occasionally, at least 2 hours.
- Remove skewers saving marinade. Grill or broil, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade, until shrimp turn pink and steak is done.